Wednesday, October 26, 2005

16 Inning Christmas Stocking

Last night was spent watching the baseball game. 14 innnings and the outcome did not go my way.

A customer came in the store on Saturday and told me that she was making felted Christmas stockings out of Noro Kureyon. What a thought!! I sat down last night, worked out a pattern and started knitting. After 14 innings the stocking was almost done. 2 more innings was all I needed to get it finished. I completed the stocking today in the store and will felt tomorrow. Here are pictures of the pre-felted work.

I used less that 3 balls on 7mm needles.

Tonight was my crazy knitting class that has been with me forever. At 8 (the class starts at 7) they finally got out their needles. We discussed Las Vegas (one of my favourite places in the world), grandchildren, doctors, knitting blogs and At Knit's End by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (The Yarn Harlot). At 8:45 I have to suggest that they start packing up so that they are out by 9-translates into 9:15.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Nice stocking! :)