Saturday, January 28, 2006

Posting at 2am isn't always a good idea

My last posts were done early this morning when I couldn't sleep. Looking back at them there are some things that I forgot to write about-and some new stuff too.

Shopping in Vegas and San Diego was not exciting. I did buy a birthday gift for Jane at Brighton. While there I bought myself a small bag. Other than that there is nothing to report.

While grocery shopping this morning I was walking the cereal aisle and a lady gave me the strangest look. When I was checking out she came running over to ask about the sweater I had on. It was Patrick from Rowan denim-my most favourite sweater in the world. This is my second one because I wore the first one out. This sweater has travelled the world with me and it still looks great-thanks Wannietta for knitting it. Someday soon you might have to do another one.

While playing on the computer at 3am I came across a cool idea for knitting during the Olympics. The Yarn Harlot has the started something called the Knitting Olympics and now a group is started for Knitting Olympics-Team Canada. Still trying to decide if I will be joining. Please don't quote me because it was early this morning but I believe that you must start and finish a project during the Olympics. Of course I don't need to start yet another project but it is a cool idea. Wannietta, Samantha, Cynthia and Nadine have all joined.

Saturday afternoon Beth and I always play a poker tournament online-time to go and hopefully make some money.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome back home.

You're a hero!
thanks for being a sponsor for the Canadian team. You Rock !

Samantha said...

Hey Julie! Thanks for sponsoring the team!! I'm a glutton for punishment ... Hopefully I'll finish on time.

I love that Noro scarf! Very cool! :)

Kyra said...

Gosh, I would love to see a pic of your Patrick pullover! I've just started one of my own, and can't find any bloggers with a picture of a finished Patrick! (other than the pic from the Rowan book)