Monday, February 06, 2006

Knitting Olympics-decision made


The decision has been made. I am going to knit Zarah by Elsebeth Lavold (from her book #3 The Embraceable You Collection). The pattern calls for her Angora-unfortunately I don't keep this in the store. There is no way for me to get it before Friday so I am going to use Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk (80% alpaca, 20% silk) in chocolate brown. I have been itching to knit with this yarn for a long time so it might be a blessing in disguise.
I am actually going to do a swatch before knitting this-doesn't happen often. Or should that read never? We are allowed to swatch but can't cast on until 2pm on Friday. I then have 16 days to get this knit and sewn together. This is going to be the big challenge.

I did get lots of knitting done yesterday during that awful Super Bowl. I worked on my Manos poncho-the purple part is now complete to the neck. I am getting on my soap box now-sorry. The game started with a terrible National Anthem, the game was boring and the Rolling Stones sucked. Mick kept leaving words out and it just sounded like loud noise. I have seen them in concert and it was nothing like that. I called my dad to see if he watched the half time and he said 'They suck. Do you actually call that music?' Can't they get someone to do halftime that sounds good and everyone likes? What about Billy Joel or Elton John? They don't offend anyone and everyone knows their songs. I am now off my soap box.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great sweater choice! I can't wait to see it getting done.

The music was bad, I admit, but the game rocked!!

Rhonda said...

I love the sweater and choclate brown. Yummy! I'll will be a feat to see if you can have it sewn up by the end of 16 days. HAHA. Good Luck.

Rhonda said...

Sorry for the spelling. I'm really tired tonight. Fingers are going faster than the brain.

Samantha said...

The sweater is gorgeous and will look even nicer in chocolate brown. Yes, you can swatch before Friday. Stephanie (yarn harlot) calls this "training" ... the actual Olympians train before the Olympics so we knitters are allowed to train before the Olympics as well. I heard a rumour once that you don't sew your own knitted garments together ... no hiring help for the sewing! That, my friend, would be cheating. *lol*

Unknown said...

Chocolate Brown !
it sounds Luscious.

this is going to be absolutely fabulous.

Unknown said...

Silly Samantha - It's not "cheating" it's a "substitution"!!

Unknown said...

Julie the sweater is beautiful; congratulations on doing a swatch!! Good luck, you will get it done - I will be thinking of you as I sweat over my own project. The halftime did suck; they need one of those wardrobe malfunctions to liven it up!

Unknown said...

sorry - needed!

Samantha said...

WanniEtta, you're right ... how silly of me. Hockey players get to switch up, why not Knitters too? LOL