Friday, February 17, 2006

The race continues

I finally have a picture of my knitting so far. This is the start of the second sleeve. I finished the back and one front is now done to the armhole.

Getting up early every morning is going to kill me but I want to see the Olympics live-don't want to know the results before I see it happen. The past 2 days have been amazing!! There have been a couple of events that I watched 2 or 3 times-the men's figure skating was great. It has been fun watching them live on CBC and then watching again at night on NBC to see what the announcers have to say. I am glad that I have Monday off so that I can watch the women's hockey final without interruptions.

There isn't much new in my life to report. Mom and Dad are off to Myrtle Beach in the morning. Beth and I are flying down for a few days in March. It will be nice to get a couple of rounds of golf in.

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Gorgeous! I really love that brown. :)

I can't wait to see the woman's hockey finals either! So exciting!

Will you be watching the Daytona 500 this weekend?

Julie said...

Thanks. I really like the colour and the picture is almost true to the real colour. Of course I will be watching the race!! Have been waiting months for Nascar to return.

Samantha said...

It will be interesting to see how that Indy racecar guy (his name is on the tip of my tongue) does with a stock car. He has signed a 5 race deal so he can test out his skill at a few different tracks ... gosh, what's his name? This is going to bother me ...

Rhonda said...

Sounds like your making great progress. Looks like you won't have any trouble finishing in time.

Julie said...

Samantha-Paul Tracy.

Samantha said...

Julie! I can't believe you used such foul language on my blog!! Comparing my beloved Tony Stewart with Jeff Gordon like that. *wink* I started cheering for Tony Stewart in 1999 (or something), before I even knew anything about him ... picked him out quite the same as I picked out Denny Hamlin, he's new to Nascar, I like his number and he drives a Chevy. Old habits die hard, you know. *lol* It was a good race yesterday. :)

Samantha said...

PS. Yes, Paul Tracy! Thank you!