Monday, May 01, 2006

Girls Day Out

Thanks to everyone who posted comments about my ginger ale soaked yarn. Right now it is sitting on the floor in my truck-just can't look at it.

Fiona Ellis will be at our guild meeting tomorrow night teaching cables. Hopefully she will bring garments from her new book for everyone to see!!

I needed something to do yesterday while watching tv so I started my Trendsetter cardigan. One sleeve done and one front is started. Should get lots of knitting done tonight-2 hockey games and The Apprentice.

Beth is flying in tonight from LA. She spent the weekend there seeing the new Trendsetter yarns for fall. I was given a brief review but don't know all the details. I know that there are at least 2 self striping yarns (she is bringing home a bag of each). You will be seeing lots of these yarns this fall (even from Rowan-but I didn't tell you that!)

Today was spent having a manicure and pedicure with my very good friend from university. Eveline and I met during first year (almost 20 years ago) and have stayed close since then. We even have the same birthday which makes it very easy to remember.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Last night I had a dream that my clocks were set wrong and I missed the guild meeting with Fiona Ellis. I woke up this morning and was a little ticked off until I realised the meeting hadn't happened yet. LOL

Owen spilled beer on some wool I have. Just a little bit of beer, but enough to make me gasp when it happened. I let it dry and will see what happens. It's just wool for something for Michael (a scarf likely for next winter) so maybe he'll enjoy the smell of it.

I really like your cardigan. Are you still working on that shrug? I still want to do it, but need to look for the yarn.