Thursday, June 15, 2006

Back from Indy

The show was great but boy am I tired. During the day there is lots and lots of walking. In the evening we meet up with friends for dinner and drinks. The greatest thing about the show is seeing friends from England and New Zealand that we only get to see twice a year.

I didn't get much knitting done-there wasn't even time to sleep while away. There will be pictures later in the week of my progress so far.

This is just a sample of what I saw. There will be more information available in our store newsletter-hopefully this will be done in the next week. I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off getting ready for the tent sale.

Yarn news
I had already ordered most of the new yarns before going to the show. The show is great for seeing garments from all the new books knit up. They always look much better in person.
As for ordering, there were new colours of Bearfoot from Mountain Colors to be ordered along with colours that we were missing. I did find interesting sock yarns from a company called Claudia Hand Painted Yarns. These will be arriving before September.

Needle news
Everyone at the show was talking about Clover's new Knit Lite. These are plastic knitting needles that have a light in them. Enjoy knitting anywhere, anytime…day and night. Illuminates knitting with black, dark and fuzzy yarns. There was an article in the New York Times about these needles a couple of months ago.
I am hoping our shipment arrives mid July.


Knitting Bag news
I found a great company called Namaste. There was so many different styles of bags in so many colours that I dragged Beth and Cathy over to help me order. They make a fabulous Messenger bag out of corduroy which I ordered in 4 different colours.




The Everday bag is a great handbag that you can take anywhere. We have it coming in 5 different colours.







The Needle Binder is a cool way to store your all your needles-straight and circular.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Ooooh, I love the Everyday Bag. Very nice. :) I'm glad you had a good trip.

Michelle said...

Oh sure, tempt me with more bags! LOL Did you by any chance see any of the Lexie Barnes Flo bags? Thoughts on it?

Emma said...

Sounds like a great trip. Love the corduroy messenger bag!

Rhonda said...

I think I'll have to check out the needle binders. And the corduroy bag is nice too.

Unknown said...

I'm starting to get a bag fetish!! I'll be coming in for a messenger bag & some light-up needles. That'll put a new spin on the Lil Kim song "put your lighters up" LMAO