Thursday, August 09, 2007

Robbed by my Mom

My mom called me this morning that she wanted to knit a sweater for my dad. She thought the new Highlander from Alpaca with a Twist would be nice to knit with. Unfortunately my dad does the laundry and the sweater would be ruined so I talked her into Pure Merino from Berroco. After being out and about she stopped by to pick it up. She decided she needed a nice knitting bag and she wanted the Jordana Paige Messenger Bag in the pink/black tweed. This she was going to pay for so she left me $80 on the counter. Of course she needed knitting needles as well. Bamboo would be nice to knit with but the Addi turbos would be better. Two sets of Addi circular went into the new knitting bag. Not a bad haul for Mom!!

The Mystery Sweater is done-okay, there are a few ends to sew in. Cathy is looking very tired in the pictures. She spent most of the day in the warehouse working on the tent sale yarn. Then she came to the store and worked on more of it. The tent is going to be very full with some great deals!!!

I used 18 balls of Naturally Vero colour 51 for the jacket. The pattern is almost finished.




This picture shows a different option with the shawl pin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

indeed a very good haul for your mom !! A little jealous, I wish my daugthers own a yarn shop. There's still time.