Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The final piece of the puzzle

Our dining room table is finally in progress-we went to see it last night and it is fabulous. Mike is using Cherry for it and the whole table will be planked running lengthwise. The table will be 9" at the longest point and 6" at the widest point. It is being custom made because of the odd shape of the room-the table will follow the lines of the room. Click to see the floor plan of our house-we have the optional main floor. I forgot that the floor plans were downloadable until this morning when I went looking.

I did finish one of the two needle mittens on Saturday. Seamed and everything. Who would wear a mitten knit on two needles? I had my hand in the mitten for two minutes and the seam drove me nuts.

Not much knitting to report over the weekend. I just relaxed on the comfy couch.

Beth and I were supposed to go to Chicago in November with Bev and her daughter-in-law but Bev has business that weekend so we have cancelled that trip. Instead, Beth and I are going to Vegas for a week in December. Before Vegas became the 'in spot' to go, you could book your hotel and flight for four nights for under $500. Prices haven't looked like that in years but now with the amazing Canadian dollar I found a package for 5 nights staying at the Mirage for an amazing rate. We haven't stayed at the Mirage in years so we are very, very happy!!!

I got a few rows done on my Naturally slip stitch jacket yesterday. I am almost ready to cast on for the body. I'm going to pick it up again in one second after I hit Publish Post.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I like your floor plan. Which bedroom is yours? I'd like the one up by the loft, I think, if it were my house.

The table sounds awesomely interesting. I cannot wait to see it. Are you having custom chairs made too or have you been looking for something to match?

Rhonda said...

You should have listened to Wannietta and me about the 2-needle thingy! Can't wait to see the table.