Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Knitting Catastrophe

I was happily crocheting around my Jane Thornley shawl yesterday and then all hell broke loose. I noticed some strands of yarn that were joined in two different spots. What was going on? Then all of a sudden I saw it-somehow I had dropped about 10 stitches. To do the shaping you are casting off 10 stitches at the beginning of every row. Somehow I had dropped a stitch while doing a cast off. Of course I am now many, many inches past the spot, completely done my knitting and almost done my crochet. I really, really wanted to yell, swear and cry but I had people in the store. I calmly used a crochet hook to pick up the stitches, recast them off and continued on with my crochet.

I finished it last night while watching American Idol. What a boring night-nobody stood out. Big Brother was great. Matt was not expecting to be back doored.

I have picked up the cardigan in Silk Garden Lite again. One sleeve is done and I am at the armhole shaping on the back. I will get lots of knitting done this weekend. Big Brother and Survivor tonight. Then March Madness over the weekend-this is the best sporting weekend of the year. College basketball all day Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Since I will be busy knitting and watching tv, I probably won't do another post before I leave for Chicago. Have a happy Easter weekend and I will check in late next week when I get home. How many pairs of shoes am I going to find there?

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Whew! I would have cried. LOL It looks great, Julie. :)