Friday, June 13, 2008

Fall Rowan Preview

I am back in the store today. There will be lots for me to do. A shipment of the Noro arrived yesterday. The new colours of Kureyon and Silk Garden are here.

The trip to TNNA was great. Seeing old friends and meeting new people is always fun. And the yarn!!! Most of my ordering was done before the show. The show is a great place to see garments knit up and find accessories (bags and shawl pins) that we don't have here. I did damage in four booths

Namaste
-the new bag called Newport looks great.
-Peacock (the new seasonal colour) is a dark teal blue. The pictures on the Internet don't do the colour justice

Offhand Designs
-there are six new fabrics for fall which I have ordered in the different styles. These won't be in the store until September

Prism
The colours available from Prism are some of the best on the market. It is amazing to see a whole booth with these amazing yarns hanging-it really makes you want them all.
-Gossamer is a new lace weight mohair.
-new colours coming in Lace Wool
-new colours coming in Saki

Lorna's Laces
There are four new colours for fall. I ordered these in Shepherd Socks a couple of weeks ago so that I could be first in line. At the show I added these colours in Helen's Lace. You might see a trend happening here-lace and sock yarn. More and more customers are coming into the store looking at the lace yarns so I have decided to give you an amazing selection.

While reading some discussions on Ravelry I saw that pictures of Rowan 44 had been posted on the Internet. Since they are being shared by others, I figured that I would share them as well. Sorry that they aren't bigger but now you can drool until the magazine comes out. This is Rowans 30th anniversary issue and the designs are fabulous. They remind me of the designs from Rowan books 1-6 that made me fall in love with Rowan.

I have been told that the release date on the Rowan is July 15 so we should have it a few days after that.


















The four garments on the right of this picture are knit out of Kaffe Fassett's Colourscapes. This is a chunky, self-striping yarn. There will be a magazine with about 10 designs dedicated to this yarn. I loved the look of the yarn and the colours.

No comments: