Thursday, August 28, 2008

Home Again

I am back in the store today after a great trip to Myrtle Beach. Sorry but I didn't take any pictures. Every time I thought about taking some I didn't have my phone on me.

I have just reread my post and am adding this. It sounds like a report I did in grade school when my parents took us out of school for a vacation. :)

The drive down was uneventful. My dad did let me drive for one hour but then he was bored and wanted to drive again.

Saturday we golfed at one of my favourite courses with one of the other home owners. The weather was hot but we had a good day. I beat my dad on the back nine-a first for me.

Sunday we golfed again after church. My game could have been better but the weather was nice so there is no complaining.

Monday my dad golfed with his friends and I spent the day with my mom. We tried to visit a yarn shop but they were closed on Mondays. Late in the afternoon we picked my dad up and went to an amazing quilt shop. Unfortunately we didn't arrive until they were closing but they did stay open a couple of minutes for us. I got some great batik fabrics which means I need to get my butt in gear and finish the quilt I am working on.

Tuesday morning I golfed with my dad and 3 of his golfing buddies. It rained and rained and rained. We got called off the golf course twice for lightening making the round almost seven hours long.

Wednesday my dad and I did running around. My mom likes it when we are there because it lets her rest and we get to keep dad busy. After getting on the plane in Myrtle Beach we sat on the tarmac for 1/2 hour but the pilot assured us we would get to Charlotte in time and make our connections. When we got to Charlotte we had to circle for 1/2 hour because of bad weather. I got off the plane, hustled from the B terminal to D terminal and found the gate closed to my flight. They did open the flight up to us and we finally took off. Unfortunately my luggage didn't make the flight. Beth picked me up in Buffalo and we had to wait almost 2 hours for the next flight from Charlotte and luckily my suitcase arrived. I wasn't looking forward to the drive back to the airport tonight. I am extremely tired-it was almost 2:30 when I got to bed this morning.

Can you see a pattern happening? I knit in the car on the way down but then I didn't pick up my needles for the rest of the trip. This means that I didn't get my last project done for the Ravelympics. I was working on Edie. The body is almost done and now I have to pick up for the sleeves. I had great expectations of doing lots of knitting so I had some Rowan Colourscapes Chunky with me. The full bag came back untouched.

I forgot to watch Big Brother on Tuesday night but luckily Beth taped it for me. I will watch it tonight before the new episode-double eviction-gotta love it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

A yarn store, closed on Mondays, pfft. How dare they! ;)

Double eviction tonight! Very excited!