Thursday, August 14, 2008

More boxes of yarn

More boxes of yarn arrived today.

This is Laura from Jenny Watson's upcoming book Catwalk. It is knit in Silk Garden Chunky from Noro. We received colours 1-10 today. It is very unfortunate that I have my Olympic knitting or I would start knitting with this yarn today.


From Sirdar we received a few new yarns. This is the new magazine for Escape DK-51% wool and 49% acrylic, machine washable, marbled yarn. The knits have been beautifully designed to show off the subtle colour striping through the use of simple textures, ribs, cables and a touch of lace. Creates wonderfully rich stripes as you knit. The colour changes randomly so no two knits will be the same.

Another new yarn is Tweedie-a chunky weight yarn-Tweedie Chunky-45 percent Acrylic, 40 percent Wool, 15 percent Alpaca-also machine washable.

Sirdar Baby Bamboo is available in 4 new colours-pale pink, pale yellow, pale blue and pale green. Sorry, we don't have them on the website yet.

There are many new patterns for babies, children, men and women.

I have to run and find somewhere to put these yarns. My knitting is calling to me as well-I wonder which task will win out?

No comments: