Friday, November 14, 2008

Super Chunky

New from Tahki for the fall-Montana. Montana is a soft and lofty 100% unprocessed wool roving in a jumbo 100g hank. Natural wool fibers from the different shades of the sheep's coat are blended into 5 heathered shades; low-impact dyes are used to create the other shades found in Nature. Right now we have three natural shades (natural, bark and charcoal) and cherry blossom.



The scarf requires 2 skeins and 1 skein for the hat-knit on 10mm needles.
Rhonda was in today and will be knitting this sweater from the new Montana booklet in pink. I think she will be back next Saturday with the finished sweater-Rhonda-am I asking too much?

We are now carrying Loop-d-Loop yarns and books by Teva Durham. This is one of her new yarns for fall 2008 called Tundra. I have taken the colour samples from the Tahki-Stacy Charles website. The strawberry and spruce are much nicer in person.



The capelet takes 5-7 balls and is knit on 15mm needles. Definitely something you can knit in a weekend.

Please take a look at Rhonda's blog. She just finished a fabulous cardigan in Noro's Yuzen. I really liked the yarn but now that it is done I really NEED something out of the yarn. It is a dk so the available patterns are endless. It is on Korey's to do list but until it is on the website you can see the shade cards here.

I haven't accomplished much knitting this week. I taught four nights which took a bit of knitting time away from me. I still might get my last two squares done by Sunday though.

How about Survivor? Marcus and then Charlie voted out. I really like Marcus but he was very arrogant thinking he ran the game. Charlie leaving was great because his alliance thought they were in control-think again!!

Have a good weekend-it is rainy here in Southern Ontario-the perfect weather to put on the fireplance and knit.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I love that capelet!