Thursday, March 12, 2009

More great FOs

Sorry there wasn't a post yesterday. I left work and had my nails done. On my way I picked up dinner, we ate, watched Lie to Me and I went to bed. The computer was yelling at me but I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Jane just finished Wrapped up in Bows for the store. One skein of Winter Lace (50% wool, 50% silk) from Mountain Colors made this great shawl. The wind was blowing when I took the picture which makes it hard to see the ends of the shawl-there are lengths of I-cord which are tied into bows. This is in the store right now and we will have it on display at the Knitter's Frolic.

Color on the Side is a Fiber Trends pattern that Sandra knit out of Naturally Vero and added her own finishing touch-a bit of fluff around the edges. This jacket is so Sandra!! The shawl pin is one of our Wouldworks pins. I am very jealous-the purple colour is amazing. It should be in my collection!! I don't usually do this but I am going to give Sandra a plug. She custom makes jewellery out of semi-precious stones, Swarovski crystals and freshwater pearls. Notice her fabulous earrings and bracelet. You can see her work in Niagara-on-the-Lake at Optimus. Custom orders are welcome. I can get you in touch with her.

Sunday morning I am flying to Chicago until Wednesday afternoon. Why am I going? There is a conference for yarn shop owners. I attended last year and it was a great source for information and inspiration. Yes I will be visiting Nordstrom's and Macys. Maybe there will be some extra shoes in my suitcase when I come home. :)

February Lady is almost done-maybe tonight. One sleeve is complete and I am half way through the second one. There probably won't be much knitting in class tonight but after class I will be watching Survivor and Hell's Kitchen.

No comments: