Sunday, November 08, 2009

Lots and lots of knitters

Our day started very early yesterday. The DKC bus was arriving around 9. I was in the store at 8 to make sure that the store was in order. Everything had price tags. Floor was swept. Sweaters were hanging everywhere. Cathy, Sarah and Beth came about 8:30.

I'm not sure if Vic was lucky or not to be driving around 54 women :)

There wasn't any extra room in the store once they arrived. And they came to shop!!! We had it planned that I would do the cash because I know the price of the yarn off the top of my head and it would go much quicker. I have a wireless visa/debit machine for shows and we had it in the store so two customers could be processed at once. Unfortunately it decided that it was taking the day off yesterday. The line moved a bit slower than I would have liked but it didn't affect the ladies. They were happy to be chatting with other knitters and showing off what they were going to buy.

The ladies left the store just after 11 and were heading to lunch before visiting another yarn shop in the afternoon.

Thank you to everyone who visited. It was a great morning.

I sent Joan yarn last week and she brought my finished Waves of Leaves shawl (free pattern on Ravelry) with her. This is a smaller shawl which makes it great for wearing wrapped around the neck. 2 skeins of Merino Mia from Prism were used. Laura Bryant (owner of Prism) is one of the top yarn dyers in the US. Her colourways are amazing!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Julie

I was one of your guests and I had a great time. I went home with gorgeous yarn! Thank you for your hospitality.