Thursday, January 07, 2010

I'm at the airport

I am sitting at my gate with an hour and a half until my flight. Bev is already in California (she flew on Tuesday) and told me an airport horror story so I came to the gate early.

Beth and I were 20 minutes late leaving home. My fault but still had me upset. I don't like being late and I don't like the unknown.

There were at least 30 people in front of me at check in. I am flying business and normally you can walk right up to the counter. The line moved pretty quickly.

On to customs. Not a happy camper this morning. He couldn't understand going to Vegas for a night before going to the show.

How am I supposed to throw my suitcases on the conveyor belt without putting down my purse? There are definite pluses to bringing Beth along!!

Duty free, newspaper stand, Starbucks and then to the gate. Oh wait. This is where the nightmare starts. The line to my gate had a few people in it but the line going the other way had hundreds. I decided to go through instead of going to the lounge. I didn't want to get caught up in a long line. Bev almost missed her flight on Tuesday because of this and she got to the check point over an hour before her flight. They pat you down. Check your shoes. Go through everything in your bag. Turn on electronics. Go through pockets. It will be interesting to see how long this will go on for.

At least I am through and now I can relax.

Beth gave me a Sony book reader for Christmas so I am going to sign off and read.

No comments: