Friday, April 09, 2010

Too tired to think of a title

Good morning all.  It feels like I have been awake for hours-wait I have.  We were up before 7am this morning to start getting ready for breakfast and meetings.  You might be saying that isn't early but in my world it is.  Everyone is currently sitting around my dining room table talking yarn.

That was how my blog post started yesterday morning.  I left the house at 9:30 to open the store and the day got away from me.  Helping customers.  Ordering yarn.  Watching golf.  Knitting.  And then it was 5:30.  When I got home everyone was still at my dining room table.  We had dinner out at The Keg and then I came home to work on mail orders.

This morning started out just as early.  More meetings.  Getting people to the airport and then starting work at noon.

Today has been day of unpacking boxes.

Lantern Moon.  More Destiny Circular needles-Rosewood and Ebony.

We received these great wired shawl pins in black and silver.  I ordered these without seeing them and love them.  I might need to order some for myself.  :)

Lots and lots of buttons which means I sewed the buttons on Boheme.   Very cute and easy cardigan to knit-I highly recommend it if you need to make a gift.

Pattern: Boheme (look on the left under Fiddlestix Patterns)
Yarn:  Classic Elite Firefly
Needles:  4mm
Size:  6 months

Before any comments come in, I did sew in the ends and sewed the buttons on!!


Among the many boxes was a package from Lynda.  She just finished the Fusion Jacket (pattern from Chris Bylsma) knit in Zara and Kureyon Sock.  There is a tweedy effect to the finished sweater because when knitting you are working into the back of the stitch.  This also lets you knit on a bigger needle (8mm) but the jacket won't stretch.

14 bags of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Baby arrived.  Also in that shipment was a new yarn from Malabrigo called Twist.

Lorna's Laces sent sock yarn and more Iris kits.

There is no talk about Survivor because I haven't seen it yet. That will be job number one when I get home from work!!!

1 comment:

emmacole1979 said...

Twist, seriously? I can't wait to see it! And Survivor was great, but don't worry I won't spoil you...