Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Babies

Everyday we have knitters coming in the store who need to make a baby gift. The new Churchmouse pattern for Stay On Baby Booties is a great pattern.
The ribbed cuff  and tie help them stay on even the most  active of little feet. The pattern is written  for your choice of three gauges, so you can use just about any yarn you like!
I am currently working on a pair in Magnolia (dk weight) from Classic Elite. You can also knit the booties in fingering weight (sock yarn) or worsted weight.

The pattern is well written and all levels of knitter can make these.

My post was a bit blah today so I decided to go to Rowan's website to see what they are up to.


British Sheep Breeds Homeware Collection... Now Online
We are delighted to launch our first exclusive online collection - British Sheep Breeds Homeware, using our 100% British Wool. This collection celebrates Wool Week, which starts on the 11th October 2010.

The collection comprises of 10 designs of cushions, throws, mats and hot water bottle covers.

This is the Staggered Cabled Throw knit in British Sheep Breeds Chunky.  This looks YUMMY!!

download the pattern

the rest of the patterns

It was a sad day earlier in the store. On Friday I ordered Katia Ondas and yesterday I ordered Katia Triana-both for making ruffles scarves.  My supplier is totally out of the yarn.  None.  Nada.  What am I going to do? Ladies are calling looking for the yarn.  I talked to someone in the know at the distributors and found out that the yarn is being shipped by air from Europe and should be in Toronto on Friday.  If it arrives on time then I will be in my car Monday morning racing to Toronto to pick it up.  Otherwise it will be shipped and I should have it on Wednesday or Thursday.

You might have noticed that Triana Ruffles Scarf is now in the list at the top of this page.  You can see the colours that will be (okay should be) coming next week.  I will work on getting the Ondas colours up tonight.

I am home from work now and it is pouring rain.  I don't feel like doing any more work tonight so I am going to knit.  Stay dry and have a good night.

No comments: