Friday, October 08, 2010

Is it really October?

It doesn't happen very often but today I wish I had a 9-5 job.  Why?  The weather is beautiful and I could call in sick to go golfing.  :)

My morning was busy before coming to work.  The house needed to be tidied because the cleaning ladies are coming this afternoon.  Then onto my shawl.  Ten minutes with Phil and some Soak and it was ready to be blocked.

I wanted to really stretch out my shawl so I pinned it on the fence to dry.

The order of new Classic Elite just arrived.  Magnolia.

The sheen on the yarn is beautiful.  When you see the small swatches the colours look nice but when you see them in person you will say WOW!!  From Classic Elite's website
An exquisite blend of merino and silk, Magnolia has a subtle sheen and great stitch definition. The semi-solid colors give magnolia the illusion of light reflecting off the surface of the fabric. Magnolia's elegance is perfect for dressy, special occasions or for everyday luxury.

It knits to a true double knitting weight (22 stitches=4" on 4mm needles).  70% merino and 30% silk in a machine washable yarn.  What more can you ask for?

This fall Classic Elite has done booklets for each yarn.  There are five designs for Magnolia.

Sassafras

A multi-sized cowl worked in the round in a reversible stitch.

There are three sizes available.

Royal Empress

A garter stitch scarf with tapered ends and a subtle ruffle along the curved edge.

Hawthorn

A short sleeve raglan tunic with berry branch detail above the knit-in pockets.

There are five sizes available.

Silverbell

A one-button shrug with leaf motifs, worked from the top down.  Sleeves are knit in the round.

The pattern is written in five sizes.

Cherry

A double stranded cardigan with a moss stitch collar and edges, worked from the top down.

A pattern for everyone-there are seven sizes.

I seriously wish that I didn't need to sleep.  There are so many things that I need/want to knit right now.

No comments: