Saturday, March 12, 2011

Am I crazy??

Yes, I started a pair of socks last night.  I don't know why.  I love sock yarns but I'm not into knitting socks.  I wear a sweater to work almost every day so my knitting time is usually spent on garments.  Maybe it was the sock newsletter that just went out.  Maybe it was the shipment of Shepherd Sock.

-Circle Socks (free pattern on Ravelry)
-2.75mm (5" square needles)
-Lorna's Purple Mustang Shepherd Sock
-2-50gram skeins

So far the pattern is very easy.  If you have knit a pair of socks then you will have no problem making these.

For some reason I remember socks as being slow to knit but so far these are going faster than I had hoped for.

Heel from Soak has arrived.  Spearmint.
Heel is a rich, nourishing foot cream for feet worthy of hand-knit socks.
Our unique combination of ingredients restores the skin and soothes tired feet. Cucumber extract, vitamin E and the soothing powers of menthol work together to form a luxuriously rich treat for sock-worthy feet. Go ahead. Indulge.
Like Soak, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.

Cucumber.  I wonder how it tastes.

Scentless is available for those who are sensitive to smells.

It is time to get back to the knitting.  Now that I have started I don't want to stop.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this pattern Julie! Good luck with the socks...
Trina