Thursday, March 17, 2011

Many Visitors

My sock is progressing.  I didn't make it to the toe last night but I must say that it is looking good.

Since starting this post I have received a few visitors.

Mr. UPS brought in a box of Lamb's Pride Bulky from Brown Sheep.

Ms. Canada Post brought in a box from Prism.  More Saki including 5 colours in Laura's new Layer technique.


Colours, from left (we received the underlined colours): Mist, Mushroom, Straw, Prairie, Melon, Woodrose, Peony, Orchid, Plumberry, Deep Sea, Agean, Lichen


This method produces just that, layer upon layer of color that reads as solid from a distance, but reveals all of its subtle glory upon closer examination.


There were also 2 kits (different colourways) for the Athena wrap. This kit includes 8 colours of Merino Mia sock yarn.

Mr. CanPar brought in 4 HUGE boxes of spring Noro.

Silk Garden Lite was discontinued but is back again for spring in seven colours.

Taiyo has 6 new colours.

Taiyo Sock has 420m
100gram ball ($18.95)

50% Cotton
17% Wool
17% Nylon
16% Silk

The yarn is on the website (colour swatches coming soon).  A box is going out to Ann (one of my knitters) in the morning and I'm going to include a ball so she can knit up a pair of socks.

I need to get this done before leaving the store this afternoon.  Beth and I are throwing a dinner party tonight.  Our kids (okay, our friend's kids that we call our own) had birthdays this week.  Thank goodness for XBox to keep them busy.  :)

No comments: