Friday, April 08, 2011

Golf and knitting

This afternoon has been spent watching the Masters.  I would like to see Rory McIlroy, Jason Day or Rickie Fowler win.  All three kids look like they are having fun.  There is always a smile on their faces.  No slamming clubs into the ground, no throwing clubs, no swearing at the top of their lungs.

Sleeve one is done and I am working on the front band. The band isn't going to be done before I head home so I slipped half the stitches onto another circular needle so it lays flat for the picture.  In the pattern it calls for the sleeves to be longer-elbow length. Sarah tried the cardigan on Wednesday night and declared that the sleeves should be short or 3/4 length. I opted for short since it meant less knitting.  :)

Yes, you saw this two days ago but it is so pretty I wanted to look at it again.

I have decided to knit Rock Island and will be participating in a KAL on Ravelry in the Lorna's Laces group.

Some of you might be asking what KAL stands for.  Knit-along. A pattern is chosen and everyone tries to get it done in a certain time period.

Posts will be made on Ravelry and I will be talking about it on the blog.  If you have any questions then you can post to the Ravelry group and you will get assistance right away. At 10pm on Saturday night I can't help you but there will be definitely someone on Ravelry who will see your question and have the answer.

We are starting on May 1 and the goal is to have the shawl knit in two months.  Why not join the fun?

At this point I am going to use Shepherd Sock in Grand Street Ink but that could change when the order arrives with both Shepherd Sock and Helen's Lace.  I am planning on bringing both yarns to the Frolic.

Idol was a shock last night.  In my mind Paul was going home since he was in the bottom three last week.  I can't say that I am disappointed. Pia has an amazing voice (probably the best on the show) but I was getting sick of hearing ballad after ballad.  I still think that James is the one to beat.  Scotty and Casey are doing a great job as well.

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

That is one extremely cute sweater