Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The fun has started

I finished the border on Rock Island and have started on the body.  There are 11 rows of garter stitch before I start the next chart.

It is bunched on the needles right now but once I get more rows done it will be easier to show the whole shawl.

Every right side row four stitches are decreased so the rows are going to start going faster.

At the end of my day I have completed the garter stitch rows and then four rows of the chart.

A few people have emailed me with questions about the chart and I couldn't supply good answers until now.  They wanted to know about working the chart with markers.  It isn't going to work because there are so many yarn overs and decreases that the markers are going to continually move.

If you were in the store while I was knitting you would hear me saying "ssk, k1, k2tog, yo, k1, yo" across the row.  I say it out loud and it helps me to remember the row and I don't have to keep looking at the chart.

Diamonds are being made when working the chart. I think after you work 4 rows of the chart you will see the pattern that is emerging.

To make the chart fit on one page it is fairly small.  I would suggest enlarging the chart to make the symbols easier to see.  I have also gone through the chart and circled all the ssk symbols.  This will help as well.

It is a busy sports night.  Jays at Yankees along with basketball and hockey.  Beth and I are going out for dinner to celebrate a friends birthday.  Hopefully we won't be late because I need to get back to my knitting.

1 comment:

theresa said...

11 rows of garter st would be a welcomed break for that shawl. It will be gorgeous!