Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Colourscape Chunky

Today has been a bit of a whirlwind. I am flying to Myrtle Beach in the morning for the weekend. This means getting the store in order. There were bags of yarn everywhere. Shipments are arriving daily and I don't have anywhere to put them. My mannequins have been redressed with new fall clothes. Garments have been moved around. I think there should be a sign on everything and all yarns should be in the price book.

Ms. Canada Post brought a box from Ann. This is Camelford knit in Rowan Colourscape Chunky. I love the yarn! Self striping chunky and the colours were designed by Kaffe Fassett.

You can download the pattern for free on Rowan's website. You will need to register and then log in to get the pattern. It is free and doesn't take very long to do.

There are ten different patterns for Colourscape Chunky on the website. When you get to the Free Pattern section enter Colourscape in the Search box.

This was tough for Ann. She wants the stripes to match on the front and the back but I like it better when they are totally different.

Here is a quick look at the shades.

Colourscape is a roving type yarn with an artisan look and rustic appeal which is spun and made in Britain. Available in 16 unique hand blended colours designed by renowned textile artist Kaffe Fassett. Each hank gives a single repeat rainbow effect.

You can see better pictures on Rowan's website.

It is much later in the day. I think all my tasks are done. I left Jane four pages of notes. I hope I didn't forget anything. :) Now it's off to the chiropractor (of course I will be golfing while away) and then home to pack.

I don't have a vehicle today so I am at Beth's mercy. The tire pressure light keeps coming on in my truck so it went into the dealership this morning. The valve stem was broken but it is all better now. I guess I will have to take her out for dinner when we go to pick it up.




No comments: