Monday, August 08, 2011

Quilting

The store is closed on Mondays but that doesn't mean I get to sleep in. I was up early writing a few cheques and getting some parcels ready for the post office. My plan was to run a few errands and then take Beth lunch. Unfortunately for me, Beth needed help so I sat in front of the computer and did invoicing. Then she very nicely asked me to do some more accounting work. By 2pm she knew that I had had enough and I was out the door. What to do? Why need take a road trip to Guelph to Greenwood Quiltery?

The store is in a house and there are many rooms of treasures.

Amy Butler
I had three different Amy Butler fabrics at home and needed something to go with them.  With a package of great fat quarters I am set.

Kaffe Fassett
I love his knitting designs and his quilts and quilting fabrics are great. A few fat quarters made it into my bag.

I have used the term fat quarter twice now. If you aren't a quilter this might be confusing. From wikipedia
A "fat quarter" is one square meter folded into four and cut along the folds, thus giving a square piece of fabric 50 cm on a side, as opposed to buying a quarter of a meter off the roll, resulting in a long thin piece that is only 25 cm wide
Most quilt shops have fat quarters and they are very enticing. For some reason it feels better to buy them than buying 1/4 or 1/2 yard of fabric.

It is like shopping in a yarn store. Colour everywhere.

There are many quilts hanging around the store to get you motivated. Guess what, it worked. I am going downstairs to start cutting out my Amy Butler fabric.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

It all is so inspiring! Wow, line up those colors and the ideas just come so fast. :)