Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rhonda and Lorna's

Thank you blogger. I started a post and left for a while. Came back and it was gone. I am going to have to look into other places for my blog. Maybe in October when my life settles down a bit. :)

The draft went well last night and we are happy with our team. Now they need to stay healthy. Last year our first two picks had season ending injuries in week one. That makes for a long season.

Rhonda finished this jacket and will be bringing it in tomorrow. I borrowed her pictures because she did a much better job than I could do. I can't wait to see it in real life.
Pattern: Ayako Jacket from KnitWhits
Yarn: Classic Elite Liberty

We are going to have some awesome garments on display at the KW Knitters' Fair.

Now it is many hours later and when I logged back in there is a whole new interface to blogger. Maybe this explains the problems. Not sure if I like the new look but will work with it for a few days. Some of the labels that I previously used won't work with the new format. When I try to save I get an error so there are new labels for a few things. Lorna's Laces is now Lornas Laces. Knitters' Fair has changed as well.

Speaking of Lorna's Laces, a huge shipment came from them today. They were great about rushing yarn to me. I totally forgot to get yarn ordered for the Knitters' Fair.

Soulmate (a brand new sock yarn-100gram skeins for $28) in
-Magnificent Mile
-Grant Park
-Lincoln Park Zoo
-Navy Pier
-The 'L'

Helen's Lace came in
-Buckingham Fountain
-Magnificent Mile
-Lincoln Park Zoo
-Navy Pier
-The Skyway
-The 'L'
-The Outer Drive

I'm wondering if I can talk Diana into knitting Rock Island for me in another colour.

In yesterday's post I showed Ravinia. It is knit in Shepherd Sport and today's box has some new colours.
-Grant Park
-The Skyway
-The 'L'
-Navy Pier

I showed the new colours from Lorna's Laces a few weeks ago but they are so pretty that I am going to show you again. :)






So I unpack my shipment and start making up Linen Stitch scarf kits. I don't have enough patterns. I ordered lots (or thought I had) but now they are almost gone. I had to put in an emergency call to Churchmouse Yarns and ask beg them to rush me out patterns. They are coming from the west coast so I have my fingers crossed that the US postal service and Canada Post can make good on the 3-5 day delivery time. The holiday on Monday could throw a huge wrench into things. The Knitters' Fair happens every year in September-one year I will be on top of things. :)

Big Brother tonight. Will Rachel and Jordan win POV? The show will be unwatchable when Jordan leaves. I don't want any of the other people to win. Hopefully I will get my Mystery Shawl cast off. I haven't touched it in a few days.

No comments: