Friday, December 09, 2011

Old Sweater

The big chore this morning was passport pictures. Both our passports are expiring in a few weeks. We met at the portrait studio and the first words out of Beth's mouth were "you were wearing that sweater the last time we had passport photos done. Is it really that old?" I guess I like my sweater. It's Noro (and I knit it) so I'm definitely not throwing it out because it is a few years old.

There were lots of deliveries today.

Mr. UPS brought in a box of Rowan. We are well stocked on Kidsilk Haze Stripe, Kidsilk Creation and Felted Tweed.

Ms. Canada Post brought in a box from Offhand Designs. We have three new Gatsby bags.


Then Mr. Canpar came in with three huge boxes. There wasn't much room to move near the cash desk.

The first two were filled with Frill Seeker and Frill Seeker Precious Metal.
In Frill Seeker
701
705
706
708
709
707
202
207
212
214
215
216
218
220
224
223
224
219

In Precious Metal
909
911
910
901

The scarf in this picture is knit lengthwise.
Materials: 1 ball Estelle Frill Seeker Precious Metal - 4.5mm needles - Darning needle
Cast on 100 stitches. Knit 5 rows. Cast off loosely. Weave in ends using darning needle.
Note: If you need to join two ends together, overlap the two ends of tape for approximately 4” and knit through both layers.
The last box had Triana. We received the brown/beige mix, harvest and the cream/beige mix.

I just received an email from my friends at Offhand Designs. I can't show you the colour samples from the email but I will tell you that two of the fabrics for spring are purple. I have been begging and now I am very happy. There was a bit more information in the email that I can't share yet but I think everyone will be pleased with the style of bags that are coming out this spring.

It's almost home time. We are meeting up with friends tonight that we haven't seen in a while-should be lots of laughs. Have a great evening!!

No comments: