Monday, January 30, 2012

Name Dropping

I talked to Megan at St. Clair designs today. The bags that I showed you yesterday will be leaving the US at the end of the week. It will be another week after that until they are in the store. I don't know if I can wait!

A few weeks ago I did a post about free patterns on Rowan's website from Josh Bennett. I was asked to join some of the people from Rowan, including Josh Bennett, for lunch while at TNNA. We had a blast. Since I'm name dropping I should add that Kate Buller and Jenny Watson (yes, the Jenny Watson that designs for Noro) were at my table as well.

I wasn't at the show on Monday when Josh was signing copies of Rowan Magazine #51 for shop owners. Josh signed a book for me and sent it home with my sales rep Cal. Very thoughtful of both Josh and Cal to make sure I got a copy.

This is Hell's Kitchen knit in Revive. 36% Recycled Cotton, 36% Recycled Silk and 28% Recycled Viscose.
This fitted intarsia sweater with long sleeves in the wonderful yarn revive, is the ideal pull on for those chilly spring afternoons. This pattern is for the experienced knitters.
 Download the pattern...

While I was looking up Josh's patterns I found a new free pattern using Rowan Big Wool designed by Amanda Crawford.
Knit this loose fit, capped sleeve, textured stitch cardigan - ideal for wearing with a belt 
for a fitted look or just wear as an outer layer piece.
The pattern for Portland can be found here... 

Little Red in the City is back in stock. Actually it arrived while I was at TNNA but all my name dropping tonight got me thinking about it. I met Ysolda for the first time at the show.

No more name dropping but here are some more pretty pictures from the book.

From innovative designer Ysolda Teague comes Little Red in the City. Part pattern collection, part resource book Ysolda shares all of her tips for successful sweaters that perfectly fit your body. Each of the seven inspiring designs is modelled by Ysolda herself and by her friend Amanda Allen, showing the garment in two different sizes and helping you envision how each design will look on your own shape. 15-17 sizes are included in each pattern, ranging from a 28-60 finished bust. With so many sizes to pick from, and guidance within each pattern on how to customise the fit, it should be easy to get a great result. The extensive reference section will equip you with all of the tools you need to achieve a perfect one.
Sorry-I'm going to drop one more name. Amanda (the red head in the pictures) is a friend of mine. :)

It's time for Alcatraz and knitting.

No comments: