Friday, March 30, 2012

Back to Knitting

I wrote most of the post about One of a Kind last night when we got home so it really doesn't count as today's post. It didn't have any knitting content either so I decided to write another post.

This morning my Rowan sales rep sent me an email about a new Studio magazine coming from Rowan. We won't have it until May but I wanted to share the pretty pictures with you


This led me to knitrowan.com to see if there were any new patterns

Windsor
Free pattern that you can download..
Knit this fitted, short sleeve tee with a high ribbed welt, designed by Marie Wallin.  Knitted in our beautiful Summerspun yarn, an essential for this season.
Very cute - something for work or play.

I talked about Design Seeds last week. I went and looked further at their website and I can post a picture every now and again. To make things interesting I started at the last page and worked forward. Totally my colours.

Imagine making a fair isle sweater with these colours. Now my mind is working.

These colour combinations would also make a great quilt. I have a small stash of Batik fabrics-many in these purples. How am I going to put them together?

Now I'm thinking that I need to add to the purple colour of my bedroom.

You can see all the colours on the Design Seeds website...

I like it when customers give me pattern suggestions for things that they have made and like the finished product. Patricia sent me a link to socks that she is knitting in tosh merino. She is making them as gifts and said that they are great.

Purl Soho Homespun Boot Socks...

It has turned really cold out here and I keep hearing from customers that we are supposed to get snow tonight. YUCK!!

No comments: