Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Log Cabin Afghan

Happy Independence Day to our friends south of the border.

I made it part way through a square for my Log Cabin Afghan last night.

This is colour 319.

I totally forgot to mention something very important in my post yesterday. WILSON STREET IN ANCASTER IS OPEN AGAIN. Yes, I know that I'm not supposed to write in capital letters but it is very exciting. Customers won't get lost and I can get to the other side of town in half the time.

The next colour-311.

Jane stopped by today with her latest Elizabeth Bradley project. It just came back from being framed. Another beautiful job.

She also brought the cardigan she just finished.

Pattern: French Braid Cardigan from Tanis Fiber Arts
Yarn: madelinetosh merino in grenadine

Great detail
This flattering, easy, open front cardigan is just the thing. Featuring a clever, seamless construction and a classic braided cable, your new weekend favourite is here! Thrown on over jeans and a t-shirt or layered over a casual dress, this cardigan can work with any outfit. Insider tip: it looks smashing worn on a chilly evening over your comfiest pajama pants too!
Did you receive our newsletter today?

I am sitting on one of my nice new comfy counter stools and thought that I would share them with you. We got them at Applegate and James in Caledonia. This is a family run furniture store that was great to deal with. You pick out the colour of legs you want (ours are dark brown) and the fabric. Leather was also an option but we had leather before and wanted something different. They had about ten different styles of chairs and probably forty different fabric options. The chairs were delivered to mom and dads with their new furniture. Dad had them at his counter and almost didn't give them to us. They work in their house as well.

There are two options for me tonight-work or knit. Knitting is going to win.

No comments: