Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Debbie Bliss Winter Garden

Karen called me today and asked me to put yarn away for her that she was going to pick up before the Tent Sale next Monday. Then it hit me. The store is closed on Monday.

For Monday August 27 the store will be open from noon-5 so that people can visit before the sale.


Mr. Canada Post brought in some boxes this morning. One is full of Addi turbo needles. One is shawl pins from Jul and the other was from Ann.

Ann just finished this jacket.

Pattern: Stocking Stitch Jacket from Debbie Bliss Winter Garden
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Winter Garden
Colour: 2 Autumn Leaf

It is knit on large needles (8mm and 9mm) but it isn't heavy.

It is already on a mannequin so I had to stand on a step stool to get the picture. Me and heights don't get along so while I was up there I took one of the Royal Petites from Blue Sky Alpacas and the Soakboxes. 
I went through the box of shawl pins from Jul and put a few on a scarf jacket. I had them on a scarf and the pictures were not the best (okay, that is being polite-they looked horrible). I think this is a much better picture (that really shows the tweed in the Winter Garden yarn).
The pins with red and purple stones are Whorl Fermoir

The next two pins are the Pearl Tendril Fermoir

These are all made from White Bronze, Stainless Steel and Semi-Precious Stone

The bottom pin is a Stingray Fermoir made from White Bronze and Stainless Steel

How many of these are going to end up in my pin drawer at home?

I didn't feel like counting and changing colours last night so I pulled out an almost finished project.

My Breezy Cardigan. I'm using tosh merino light. It is knit from the top down and it was supposed to be finished by the end of June. OOPS!

The front bands are done and now I have 3 more rows to finish the neck band. Then pick up for the sleeves. I'm saving the sleeves until the end because I wasn't sure if I had enough yarn to make them long-they might end up 3/4 length.

This is an old picture I took from the blog-I will have a new picture in the next few days when the front band is done.

This is the original Breezy Cardigan
Designer: Hannah Fettig
Pattern is bought on Ravelry.

Now I'm on a mission to get Breezy done. There are lots of food shows tonight-Around the World in 80 Plates, Master Chef, Chopped and there should also be some episodes of Storage Wars.

I'm going to talk about TV shows now so if you aren't caught up then please stop reading.

Big Brother-It was great that Boogie and Frank were put on the block. Boogie is so arrogant that he went for the $10000 instead of safety. And Frank-messing with Ian's girl. It serves him right.

Y&R-I haven't watched in some time and then I watched on Monday afternoon. Victor and Sharon are married. What is the age difference? Victor is missing. They think that Sharon burned the pre-nup and has something to do with Victor's disappearance. I never liked that girl. I thought Tim Reid was already dead and then he was alive on Monday and died during the show. It's amazing how long you can go between watching and you never really lose the plot.

No comments: