Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lots of Boxes

For most of yesterday my email didn't work. How did we live without email? I kept checking and nothing was coming. Almost like I was cut off from the world.

Last night emails (only a few but it was something) finally starting coming through including one from Lynda


Here is a picture of the scarf/wrap exactly half knitted. 
 
I have used one complete ball of yarn, so that all of the colours have been used.  The combination is quite subtle...a very soft combination of autumn colours.
Thank goodness others are getting some knitting done since I don't have anything to show. I can't wait for Lynda to finish-I am going to wear this!!

Beth picked up a box from the post office yesterday with new Offhand Designs Bags
Scottie in Monterey


Scottie in Chabot
 Scottie in Frisco
 Scottie in Mendocino
Marcella in Monterey

Mr. Canada Post was here yesterday morning with two boxes that were filled with pashmina-just in time for the Knitters' Fair

  • dried rose
  • steam age
  • mourning dove
  • cousteau
  • composition book grey
  • amber trinket
  • tart 
  • kale
  • well water
  • mica
  • curiosity
  • charcoal
I am very excited about the boxes from madelinetosh and Offhand Designs but I'm really excited about the box that Mr. Canpar brought in with a new yarn.

Lang Donegal
I love this tweed!!

100% merino wool
22 stitches = 4" on 4mm needles (a true double knitting)
190m on a 50gram ball

When I opened Rowan had a yarn called Rowanspun Tweed. This is the same yarn but a thinner version. You might also be familiar with Tahki Donegal Tweed. Again-same yarn but thinner. I know Jane will be thinking of a Kaffe Fassett sweater-maybe Tumbling Blocks.

Did I tell you how excited I was about this yarn? I have a ball in front of me. Might be casting on something new. :)

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Gorgeous yarn. :)

Oh, to be able to have the time to make all the things that I think of making. My fingers just can't move as fast as my ideas.... *sigh*