Friday, December 07, 2012

Blocking

It's Thursday evening and I decided to lay the shawl out. I wrapped it in towels to get the extra moisture out. Then I laid a towel on the styrofoam and the shawl is lying on it. It is doubled over-I could have laid it out on two pieces but that would make it impossible to move.

What am I going to do when the bottom towel gets wet? I'm going to put a new towel on the other piece of styrofoam, put the pieces of styrofoam face to face and flip them over. Then the shawl will be lying on the dry towel. I hope this makes sense.

Two pieces of styrofoam are as tall as I am.

Dad took them from a job site. Not any job site-one that he is working on. :)

Currently on my bed. I guess it will lie on the floor tonight. I'm being really lazy and didn't get my blocking wires. I might regret it later but we're going to try without them.

It's now Friday afternoon. I moved the styrofoam to my bathtub last night. That was the only place I could fit it.

We have a new colour of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the store.

Introducing Dalia B.

Beth, the owner of Lorna's Laces, came to Knitting Camp in September to teach yarn dying. Everyone who took the class laid their yarn out on Saturday evening and the rest of us picked our favourite colour. Dalia B. was the winner. Beth dyed the colour specially for us and no one else in the world has this colourway.

I picked up Drop City today. One more section and then I'm going to start the decreasing. I left it at work because I have other knitting plans this evening.
Now it's time to head upstairs and find some knitting. There is a Rowan sweater on the back burner that I have been dreaming about. It's time to get it done. I believe the back and at least one sleeve are done. Lots of cables in chunky yarn. Perfect for this time of year. I don't know when I started the sweater but if I had to guess it would be 10 years ago. Seriously. Get the darn thing done!! I have the urge to knit so who knows how late I will be up tonight.

No comments: