Sunday, December 02, 2012

Tosh Merino Light

Kim came to work on Saturday wearing a shawl she knit in merino light.

The pattern is in the book Folk Shawls from Cheryl Oberle and is called Simple Garter Stitch Prairie Shawl.

The colour is Ruby Slippers. Madelinetosh is dying us more of this colour and we hope to have it in about two weeks.
Kim likes it so much that she took three skeins in the colour worn denim to make it again. She said it is great to work on while watching TV. She also commented that it was very light to wear. I've created a merino light monster-when she comes to work she walks to the display and plays with the colours. What will she do in a few weeks when an order arrives with 18 colours of merino light?
This prompted me to pull All the Shades of Truth out of the bag and get it finished. Sometimes I need a kick in the pants to finish a project. :)

The first chore was taking out the cast off from one end and redo it. My edge was way too loose and wavy. Then I had to pick up over 500 stitches along one edge. Now I have 10 rows of garter stitch.
It's time to hit Publish and get to work. My hope is to get this side done tonight and the second side done tomorrow while I'm in the store. Then blocking and maybe I can be wearing it next week.

No comments: