Sunday, January 20, 2013

Oops

The winds were really bad last night in Ancaster. It was howling so hard that it sounded like women were crying outside my window. I stopped by the store this afternoon to pick up some needles-yes you would think that I should have every size at home. There was a small problem.

Something is missing.
The sign blew down. And broke.

Dad will be home later this week and I'll have him rehang the sign for now. I'll be on the phone to my friends at Dee Signs tomorrow about having a new sign made. The sign has been hanging for 22 years. I guess it was time for a new one. :)

This morning an email came through from Berroco announcing the new books and yarns for spring. I showed you pictures of the Karma garments. Here is the yarn.

Dyed in a range of softly shaded hues, the intriguing mesh construction of this machine washable cotton tape gives it an airy quality.
Last summer Berroco brought us Captiva. Now we have Captiva Metallic.
Captiva gets a subtle dose of glitz with the introduction of a single sparkling filament.

Pause, a new pattern in Norah Gaughan Volume 12, knit in Captiva Metallic. 6-10 skeins are required.
Worked in two pieces, this short-sleeved A-line pullover features a tapering panel of mesh on both the front and back.

Lacuna is also from Norah Gaughan Volume 12. It is shown in Captiva but you can also use Captiva Metallic. 5-10 skeins are required.
This alluring open vest has unusual mitered corners and a flattering swing-style silhouette.
One football game is done and the second has just started. Section 5 on my shawl is done and section 6 has been picked up. I need to sit and knit all evening. I figure that I need to have the knitting done by Thursday so it can be blocked and dry for me to pack it on Tuesday night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! Your sign....I love that sign. No worries tho...we still know where to find you :)
Trina

Linda in Waterloo said...

90 km winds! It was really stormy alright - sorry about your sign.