Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Someone is knitting

It's not me. Thank you Kim for bringing in something for me to show.
The pattern calls for worsted weight yarn but Kim is using a double strand of Rowan Felted Tweed on 5mm needles. The stitch definition is great.

Jared Flood's Guernsey Wrap-patterns in the store and on Ravelry

Kim did some rearranging yesterday and today to make room for the new Rowan. Prism Stuff is hanging. The colours are fabulous. I can't wait to see what new colours Laura will have for us at TNNA next weekend.

All Seasons Chunky is out. I have my sweater and colour picked. When I get home I will be starting. I thought about taking it with me but in my heart I know I won't be knitting a lot. It takes up a lot of luggage space as well. A few balls for a scarf is doable. Beth isn't coming on the trip but has put in a request for a few pairs of shoes. And I might find shoes. I better have room to bring them home. Buying a suitcase to get home has happened before but I try not to do that if possible. :)

Now it's time for me to knit. I haven't done any this week because I have been playing on the website. I have to get back at the shawl if it is coming with me.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Oh, I really like that wrap. I enjoy making things that have different stitches. It makes knitting so much more fun.

Right now, though, I am making a Dr. Who scarf for #2 son. Talk about boring for 16 feet! No, wait, there ARE color changes. ;)

Best,
Lois