Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Wheelwright

Diana came in this afternoon with Wheelwright. The pattern is from the Winter 2012 Twist Collective and you can buy the pattern on Ravelry.

It is beautiful. Diana said the pattern was easy to follow and she enjoyed making it.

It was 5 (and very light out) when I went outside to get pictures. I had to rush and could have done a better job putting it on my friend. I will try for better pictures tomorrow - as long as it isn't snowing out.


Wheelwright is started from the upper edge and knitted flat, evenly increasing the stitch count until the outer edge is reached. The lace pattern is worked on RS only, the WS rows are purled.
The shawl consists of ten identical lace wedges. The sections are divided by a single knit stitch. The first 2 and last 2 stitches of every row are knit for a garter stitch edge. The outer edge is worked by crocheting chain stitches and binding off the stitches at the same time.

We used one skein of tosh prairie (lace weight) in the colour tart.

A box is on the way from Lorna's Laces with the new colours of Shepherd Sock, Solemate and Helen's Lace. There are a few colours of Haymarket in the box too.
-Zombie BBQ
-Cummerbund
-Mineshaft
-Christmas at Downton

I haven't started knitting with my Haymarket but maybe tomorrow. If we get the snow we are supposed to get over the next few days the store might be slow.

Downton Shepherd Sock is coming as well.

I forgot to show you something that I saw at the show from Freia Fibers.

New colours for the Sonoma Lace Shawl.

The new colours will also be coming in fingering weight.

I miss Vegas but it was great being back in the store today. Cathy and Kim did a great job while I was gone. Maybe too good. I can go away again. :)

Now it's time to get back to work. The website!!

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

The shawl is quite pretty. :) I also love the color changing yarns.