Thursday, March 07, 2013

Bad start to the day

I'm going to start the post with the good parts of today.

Mr. Canada Post brought in shawl pins this morning.
Single Circle Shawl Pin
I already have one in a shawl. Taking only one was very hard.

Oval Shawl Pin

Wavy Shawl Pin

Stick Pins

The rest of the shawl pins in the order are pictured in a blog post I did a few days ago.

My mom called me from Myrtle Beach that two large boxes arrived-they have the yarn bowls. And then more good news from Myrtle. We needed something on the dining room windows in our house. I didn't really want curtains. I really wanted California Shutters. After much debate I won (of course) and the shutters were installed this morning. Dad says they look great!

Here is the progress on Eos.
The pattern is very easy to follow. I photocopied it so that I could enlarge it. As I do a row I cross it out so I always know where I am in the pattern. On either side of the pattern is plain stocking stitch sections. I have markers on the needle so that I don't need to count these stitches. Saves lots of time.

My Lonely Tree Shawl is very lonely. I look at it but haven't picked it up for days. That is my plan for this afternoon. I need it done for the Knitter's Frolic.

I try to keep my blog upbeat but I need to vent this morning. I woke up early and went to take the garbage out. When I got outside there was glass all over the driveway. Someone had smashed out the drivers windows on both my Edge and Beth's pickup truck. We scrambled to get as much picked up as we could and then the vacuum cleaner came out. Beth had someone from dad's company pick her up and she got my dad's truck. We threw on clothes (I took about 2 seconds with my makeup) and we took the vehicles to Mohawk Ford to have the windows replaced. We might get them back tomorrow. Maybe Saturday. It was really cold on the Linc with no window-of course I forgot to throw on my winter coat. They got $4 out of Beth's truck and maybe $40 in change from mine. What a crappy way to start the day. We have decided that from now on we are going to leave the doors unlocked. Take what you want but don't break the windows!

7 comments:

Samantha said...

**Like** all the good stuff.

I hate to say it but it sounds like kids. Grrr. That sucks.

Candice said...

Oh, so sorry to hear of your brush with the underbelly of life.

Anonymous said...

That is just a low thing to do. Leaves glass everywhere inside too. I take it you don't have away to park inside!

Dawne said...

So sorry to hear about the negative part of your day ... no fun indeed.

knittergrl

Seajaes said...

That is just mean. Why do people do such stupid things?

Linda in Waterloo said...

Oh that's awful! My husband had that happen when he was parked at work overnight. It was cheaper to pay for the window than report it to insurance. Again, nothing of value in the car to be had. Glad it wasn't raining or snowing though!

life ldc said...

How awful.....hope you get it sorted soon.