Thursday, April 11, 2013

Better late than never

I'm home from work and getting ready to post. I have to cross out the next bit because the new website isn't up now. For some reason the old site is showing up. I have sent messages to Korey but haven't heard back. Hopefully it will be back up tomorrow.

It's up. The new website has finally gone live. We still have products to add and there could be a glitch or two to fix. I'm sure there are going to be things that I see over the next few weeks that I don't like (mostly cosmetic) but I'm pretty happy with it right now. Korey did a really good job.
One small (or big depending on how you look at it) glitch was that my email didn't work for most of the day. I didn't realize how much I relied on email. Kind of scary.

I also learned how to quickly clean out my inbox. I'm not going to be happy about this in a week or so. My emails wouldn't come through to my computer inbox. I could get them on my iPhone and iPad. I deleted one email account from my computer (the main account) and then reinstalled. All my old emails are gone. Even my draft emails are gone. I hope there wasn't anything important.

I thought that most of today would be spent knitting (we were supposed to have bad weather which means no customers) but I haven't picked up my needles yet. The bad weather didn't really hit here and we had lots of customers in. Thanks for making the journey out. I would have been really bored with no one to talk to.

Here is Shadow so far. It looks much better on one of my friends. I'm getting very excited about this-can't wait to see it finished.
Seeing the picture makes me want to take it home tonight but I'm going gang busters on Eos. The front is almost half way done. It should be done by the end of the weekend (or maybe tonight if I go crazy) and then just one sleeve.

Crystal Palace Yarns just called. They have new colours of Mini Mochi.
We should have them in about a week and a half.

Crystal Palace has lots of free patterns on their website. Here are a few to check out in Mini Mochi
Easy Lace Scarf
Eyelet Ease Scarf
Fair Isle Hat and Mittens
Topsy Turvy Cowl
Springy Ring Mittens

Then I went to Ravelry. Here are a few more suggestions
Wingspan
Inspira Cowl

And guess what. These patterns are all free!!!

Beth's Inspira Cowl is done and it needs to be blocked I need to block it. Who am I kidding? She's going to tell me that she hasn't blocked before and I will do a much better job. I will do it because she is going to get dragged to Toronto to set up and take down our booth at the Frolic. Much worse than a little blocking. She also has one of her two Linen Stitch Scarves to 7" and she's bored with it so she has declared it done. So, she called me today and asked what she is going to make next. Can she do a cable? My answer was yes-she'll never know if she doesn't try. I believe the yarn of choice is Misti Alpaca Chunky Handpaint and the pattern will be Cherry Garcia. It's almost home time. I think the computer will stay in my bag and I'm going to knit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No choose made on the zen garden yarn that some how made it home?
Like Beth new cowl project.

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Theresa here again. Have been following your blog less then a year. That said my question is...does Beth work at old mill knitting?

Julie said...

Yes, Beth does work for Old Mill Knitting. Good eyes.