Thursday, May 23, 2013

Spirit

What happened to the weather? It got really cold and dark in Ancaster late this afternoon. I miss the sun.

Before the sun went down I took some pictures of my Summerspun cardigan. This is the back. I have until June 21 to get the whole thing done. This is my excuse as to why I'm going to stop working very soon and get to my knitting.

I have about 30 rows to go before I start the armhole shaping. YAY! The rows will start getting shorter.

If you don't know the pattern I am making it is called Lady Irmelin-purchased on Ravelry.

The yarn is Rowan Summerspun.

Sorry, no new pictures of Arya yet. I'm waiting until they go live on the Offhand Designs website. My blog post is already started so once I get the go ahead there will be lots of pictures. A box with 6 bags has left California - fingers crossed some time next week they will be in the store.

Kim Hargreaves newest book should be arriving mid-June.
Simply chic. This season less is most definitely more. White worn in clean classic lines provides understated cool, whilst black offers a graphic contrast. The key is to stay sharp yet sophisticated, get in the spirit!
Bright
Knit this classic cardigan worked in moss stitch stripes from Spirit. A design by Kim Hargreaves using Handknit Cotton, a wonderful soft dry handle yarn (cotton), this knitting pattern is suitable for the knitter with a little experience.

White
Knit this classical jacket in double moss stitch from Spirit. A design by Kim Hargreaves using the stunning yarn, All Seasons Chunky (cotton and acrylic), this knitting pattern is suitable for the knitter with a little experience.
Peek
Knit this close fitting sweater in an openwork stitch from Spirit. A design by Kim Hargreaves using Siena 4 ply, a beautiful fine mercerised yarn (cotton), this knitting pattern is suitable for the knitter with a little experience. 
Poise
Knit this fitted sweater in close fitting rib and cable from Spirit. A design by Kim Hargreaves using Siena 4 ply, a beautiful fine mercerised yarn (cotton), this knitting pattern is suitable for the experienced knitter. 
Take a look at my Facebook page. Yummies coming from Soak and Lorna's Laces. Socks this time. I'm going to get them on order tomorrow. The yarn is hand dyed so I want to make sure that I'm in on the first batch.

No comments: