Thursday, May 30, 2013

Zen Yarn Garden

This is the pretty yarn that Zen Yarn Garden has dyed for us. Roxanne took pictures and sent them to me so that I can show you.

Actually, I really, really wanted to know what colours we are getting. :) These are all One of a Kinds. I ask Neville to dye me so many skeins and he picks the colours. I don't know what colours I am getting until they arrive.
I can already tell that I'm going to want to take some for myself. The colours look great!
We are getting Serenity 20 and Serenity Silk Singles. Perfect for socks, scarves, shawls, fingerless gloves...
Lynda sent an email yesterday that she has finished two projects. I need to find something else for her to knit. I'm looking at a new pattern from Knitting Pure and Simple-Top Down Drape Front Cardi.
A soft drapey cardigan knit with dk weight yarn at a gauge of 20 sts to 4 inches. The cardigan can look as dressy or as casual as the knitter wants, depending on the yarn used. Sizes x-small through xx-large.
I've read over the pattern and it looks very straight forward. Only one page which is a good thing. A really hard pattern needs at least three pages. :)

For the yarn I'm thinking Noro Ayatori. 60% wool. 40% silk. Now to choose the colour.

I totally forgot about poor Sarah Jane.

She was in the box from Offhand Designs and I was so excited about the other bags that I didn't mention her.

She is a Scottie.
Luxurious fabrics highlight the old-world charm of a roomy framed satchel with a plethora of pockets and pouches that offer plenty of organization and while a removable shoulder strap lends carrying versatility. 
My Summerspun cardigan is growing. Enough for more pictures. I did the cast offs for the armhole last night.

When it's the hottest day of the year so far you should be dragging a mannequin outside for pictures. :) I thought it would show the front the best.

And finally a good picture of the back.



I've knit a few more rows on my Color Play Mohair Wrap. If you are knitting one then I think you will agree that it could be the most addictive knitting you have ever done. You can't put it down. Just one more row to see how the next colour is going to play out.

It's so addictive that you are choosing colours for the next one before you have finished the one you are working on.

When we moved around all the yarn many of the price tags got damaged so today Kim and I made price tags for the whole store. That chore is done and I'm going to knit a few rows before heading home.

No comments: