Friday, October 04, 2013

Panic Attack

For the past few evenings I've been working on Wheaten. The pattern looks like it is going to be hard (cables and lace) but it is pretty easy. BrooklynTweed patterns are well written and very easy to follow.
It's growing but eating yarn faster than I thought it would. There was a small panic attack this afternoon. I didn't take enough yarn home and then someone almost bought the rest that was on the shelf. Thankfully she picked another colour so that I can finish my shawl.

I've been busy today adding to the website. Click here to go to the website and then on the right change Recommended Items to Newly Added. There are new yarns, needles, books, bags and shawl pins. There are still colours to be added but it's a start.

Look what ended up on the front counter as I was leaving.
From the left
Solemate in Sparrow Lake
Solemate in Arlington
Sportmate in Sparrow Lake

I just went downstairs and wound the Sportmate. Remember startitis? I'm going to make Windward. The Sportmate will make a bigger scarf which is a good thing in my world. Now the decision. Do I sleep tonight or keep knitting until work in the morning?

I received an email from madelinetosh this afternoon that vintage is on the way.

vishnu
dr. zhivago's sky
esoteric
baroque violet
jasper
whiskey barrel
logwood
stovepipe
byzantine
opaline
lowland
wilted rose
astrid grey
paper
faded parka
fog
whiskers
well water
dirty panther
coquette
courbet's green
stephen loves tosh
volga
weathered frame
clematis
composition book grey
firewood
red robin breast

We are going to have to do some moving around this week before it arrives.

No comments: