Sunday, October 20, 2013

Woodstock Fleece Festival

We had a great day at the show. Thanks to the organizers, volunteers and everyone who came out. I was up before 5am and out the door by 5:45. It was a long day but totally worth it. There were a lot of people who came out. I think it was the busiest Fleece Festival yet. It is a more relaxed show than some of the others and I actually get time to talk to people.

I didn't look at the classes being offered because I don't have time to take them but some customers were in the booth before taking the Moose Head Trophy class. As we were taking down the booth she popped by to show us her finished trophy. Seriously cute. If the class is being offered next year I highly recommend you take it. Here is the link to the Fleece Festival website so you can see what I'm talking about.

We got soaked packing the van and truck in Woodstock after the show and again unpacking in Ancaster. Beth picked up pizza when we got home and I relaxed. Normally I go to bed early after a show but I knit until midnight. I might pay for that today :)

Thank you to Kim and Lynn for all their work at the show and Cathy for working in the store. Without them we couldn't do the show.

A big thanks to Beth. She came on Friday to help set up. She got up yesterday morning and made our lunches and then drove back to Woodstock yesterday afternoon to help us pack up.

I have lots of pictures of the booth. Now you can feel like you were there. It also helps me next fall when we start planning the booth. I can make notes of what we took but pictures are always better. There are a couple of things that might be in the booth next year but we like to change things up with new yarns and samples.

Beth is golfing today (she is crazy - it's cold out there - sweater weather is here) so it's me and the dogs, knitting and football today.





















5 comments:

life ldc said...

Looks great...I love that zig zag poncho! (Did I actually say that?)

Anonymous said...

Your booth & samples all look great!

Theresa in Mi

Christine said...

I love the mittens! What's the pattern?

Julie said...

The mittens are called Sparrow Lake. They are a pattern from Fiona Ellis that you can purchase on Ravelry.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sparrow-lake-mittens

The yarn is Lorna's Laces Sportmate in a colour also called Sparrow Lake.

Candice said...

You certainly have a way with colour, Julie. The booth looks wonderful.