Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Amuri HD

We have a new yarn in the store.

Old Mill Knitting has taken Amuri (75% pure New Zealand wool and 25% possum from Naturally) and had it hand dyed by Zen Yarn Garden.

This yarn will only be available through yarn shops in Canada.

The colours are awesome. A skein did fall into my bag before I left work.

The skeins are 50 grams. 155m/170 yards. 22 stitches = 4" on 4mm needles. 

Beth has been playing with the yarn for a few weeks.

Beth is standing behind me telling me to add more pictures of her knitting. She's quite proud of this one.

Pattern: Woodstacking by Anne Hanson (purchased on Ravelry)
One skein of Amuri HD
4mm, 40cm circular

Pattern: That Nice Stitch by Susan Ashcroft (free on Ravelry)
One skein of Amuri HD - Beth said that she would use 2 skeins if she made it again so that it was long enough to wrap around twice.
Needles: 4mm but it could be knit on 4.5mm and the yarn would still look great.

Here's what I've been doing tonight.
This will be The Noble Cowl. One skein of Amuri HD knit with 4mm, 40cm needles. The pattern is free on Ravelry.

It's time to sign off and get back to my cowl. 

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Very pretty stuff - the yarn and the projects. :) I love having a small project (often a cowl now) going between the big ones. I need a sense of completion once in awhile. :)