Sunday, November 10, 2013

Lazy Sunday

There were a lot of lazy people around my house today. Beth sat and knit all afternoon while watching football. The dogs spent most of the day on their really big dog bed.
I was looking at the skeins of ASAP sitting on my kitchen counter last night when it hit me. The Leaf Scarf. I knit this a few years ago in Twinkle Chunky.

It's no longer in the store because the yarn has been discontinued. I should find it and bring it home. It's a great scarf.

I love leaves and think ASAP is the right choice to knit it again.

Download the pattern (it's free)...

I did a couple hours of knitting last night and finished the first skein. If you don't like really long scarves then one and a half skeins will be enough for you. I like mine really, really long so I will be using two full skeins.

My colour is begonia leaf and I'm using 10mm needles.

ASAP is a touch thinner than the Twinkle Chunky so my leaves are a bit smaller but I really like how it is turning out.

I didn't get much done this afternoon because I was in charge of flipping between football games. This evening is a little less stressful. The Amazing Race, The Mentalist and one football game. Hopefully I will have pictures of a finished scarf tomorrow.

2 comments:

Julie Ann said...

I love the pix of Roko and Melo end to end!! Peace perfect peace!

Lois Evensen said...

We have a really big dog bed here, too. Sometimes, the dogs let us sleep in it. ;)