Friday, December 06, 2013

The decision has been made

Something happened last night that has never happened in my life. I gave up on a knitting project. I will be ripping it out and using the yarn for something else. The pattern is good. The yarn is good too. They just don't like each other.

On a happier note-I've decided what I'm going to knit to take to San Diego. You think California in January is going to be warm but I've been there when it hit freezing at night. If it is warm out during the day then the restaurants and convention centre have the air conditioning cranked. It can be chilly inside.

I'm going to knit another Color Play Mohair Wrap. I've knit three already and used four balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze Stripe for each. This time I'm going to use six balls. Wider and longer. The colours?? I'm combining Herb Garden.....
.........with Royal Botanical Gardens.
I'm very excited about this project. Now the decision is the colour order.

My dad arrived home safely last night but it was a short night of sleep. Beth and mom left for the airport at 10:30. The dogs and I went to bed to try and get some sleep before Beth got home. She called from the airport just after midnight to tell me that Dad was out of customs. He didn't have any luggage with him so there was no waiting at the luggage carousel. Everything stays in Honduras. We slept for another hour until Beth got home and then I was up early this morning. There were chores to do before starting work. I'm hoping to start my new project tonight but I have a feeling it won't happen until tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

That yarn is just gorgeous!