Sunday, February 23, 2014

It really is done...

...and just in time. The closing ceremonies have started.

Why the ends? I wanted to prove that it is totally done. All ends are sewn in.

I will get pictures this week of me wearing the sweater. I'm still in my pjs (no time to get dressed this morning) and I don't have on any makeup.

Pattern: CustomFit by Amy Herzog. There will be more about this later in the post.
Yarn: tosh vintage double stranded in the colour whiskers
Needles: 8mm

The pattern was awesome. The best thing was the sleeves. I have never had sleeves sew into a garment as easy as this one. No false starts. No fudging under the arms. Perfect. Both of them.

CustomFit by Amy Herzog Designs. You put in your measurements, knit a tension swatch and then customize a pattern. If you live close to the store, we are going to start measurements in a week. You come in, we do your measurements and save them in the store account for you. Purchase yarn, make a swatch and then I will help you with the pattern. If you don't live near the store or are comfortable doing your own measurements, you can start your own account.

I pulled out my other CustomFit garment - a cardigan in Classic Elite Bella Lino. The back is at the armhole shaping and both fronts are done. I'm giving myself a week to finish it.

The Daytona 500 was on but now it's under rain delay so Beth and I are heading out to get some food. I have changed out of my pjs and put makeup on. :)  Hopefully the race will be on by the time we get home because The Amazing Race starts tonight and it will be hard to watch both at the same time.

1 comment:

Irene said...

I'm in awe!