Wednesday, February 19, 2014

It's Done

I like teasing you with that title. My sweater isn't done but Beth and Kim both have finished projects to show off.

Pattern: Rosa (free on Ravelry)
Yarn: 3 skeins of tosh pashmina in grenadine

I love how the colour knits up.
Beth's cowl is blocked and the ends are sewn in.

Pattern: Inspira Cowl (free on Ravelry) Steampunk version on 5mm needles with 144 stitches. Beth says that it is too big and she would do it with 138 if (who are we kidding) when she makes another one. My head is bigger and the 144 stitches is perfect for me.

Yarn: Liberty Wool from Classic Elite - 2 balls of 7838 Sunset Frost and 1 ball of 7834 Lilac Daydream

The store is full of food. Thanks to all who have donated cans/boxes/jars of food for the Food Drive.

There are 6 laundry hampers full plus over $500 to be donated.

You ladies and gentlemen have been awesome!

I'm starting to feel the pressure on my Olympic knitting. I still haven't finished the second sleeve. I would like to say that I will finish it tonight but I really need to have my nails done. Maybe some knitting after but not enough time to finish. Maybe tomorrow. Then onto the sewing.

I spoke way too soon about Idol. Last night was not good. We fast forwarded through most of it. And if we understood correctly, five girls were cut before last night. They didn't get to sing and are done. What is going on?? You take them to Hollywood and then cut them before they perform? It is going to be interesting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rosa is really nice! (Love the button) Beth yours is nice too, I like the colours. I just used Liberty wool for the 1st time, its very pleasant to work with.