Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Snowy Tuesday

We received another new yarn from Classic Elite today. It's nice to look at happy colours when the snow is coming down outside.
Cerro is a blend of soft pima cotton and alpaca that creates a yarn with drape and excellent stitch definition. These summery hues are complimented by Cerro’s undyed cousin, MountainTop Canyon
Description:85% pima cotton, 15% alpaca
Handling:machine or hand wash cool, dry flat
Colorways:12
Gauge:6 sts/inch on US 4 (3.5 mm) needles
Skeins/Garment:7/LS
Put up:hank
Skein Weight:50 grams
Skein Yardage:approx 150 yards


The Kudzu Shawl is one of the Web-Letter’s greatest hits. The clever way the braided cables at the top grow into rows of leaves, flowing from one tier to the next makes it an irresistible knit for lace lovers. A quick click through of projects on Ravelry brings up beautiful modifications too – more leaves, and beads!The key to this design is the perfect pairing of the pattern with a yarn that has both beautiful drape and excellent stitch definition. That is why we couldn’t resist featuring the Kudzu Shawl again in brand new Cerro.... 
Download the Web-Letter with the pattern... 

There are also patterns for Cerro in the newest Classic Elite book - Sunny Day. One of my favourite is Marisol.
A lacy wrap with large tassels added to each of the corners for a whimsical flair.
Wannietta is knitting a different shawl in Cerro right now and says 'the yarn feels awesome!'

The front of my sweater is drying and I'm onto the sleeve. The plan is to get that knit by tonight and start sewing tomorrow. That's the plan :)
Now we're getting serious on American Idol. It could be a good season. Some interesting competitors and I like the judges.

It's time to rest. I was up most of the night watching the Olympics. There was a 3 hour nap yesterday afternoon so I wasn't tired when the skiing started at 12:30am. Then there was snowboarding. I went to bed and thankfully didn't wake up until the women's short track relay (I missed the fall). Then the men's long track speed skating - 10,000m. That is far!! I haven't finished my sleeve so that is my excuse to sit and knit.

No comments: