Thursday, February 06, 2014

What am I going to make?

The Opening Ceremonies are at 11 tomorrow. I think it might be time for me to pick my Olympic project. 

There are a few things that are set

yarn - tosh vintage double stranded (I've swatched and blocked already)
colour - whiskers
needles - 8mm

To decide when designing my CustomFit garment

-sweater or cardigan?
-fitted or not?
-long or short?
-can I talk Beth into winding skeins for me?

Beth called me this morning and asked if I knew that the Olympics were already on TV. What? I guess they started early. I had them on in the store but didn't really get to watch so they are on now. Slopestyle. What a cool event. 

I'm moving upstairs in a minute to watch more House of Cards and knit on my Bella Lino cardigan. 

Four skeins of tosh have been wound into balls. I couldn't talk Beth into doing it for me. When I knit with hand dyed yarns I knit two rows from one ball and two rows from another. Then back to the first and then the second. This alternates the skeins and helps if there are colour variations. There will always be some difference in hand dyed yarns but this helps. I'm double stranding so I don't want to be carrying around four balls. Easy solution (I think). I start with balls 1 and 2. When I'm half way through 1 I cut it and join in 3. I finish off 2 and half of 3. Then I join in 4 and work 3 and 4 until 3 is done. This should help with colour variation. We'll see if my theory works over the next few days.

Let the games begin!

No comments: